Raymond G. Gomez
Ray Gomez is a criminal defense lawyer you can trust with even the most
difficult case. Mr. Gomez is among the "elite" criminal practitioners
in Vista. Since relocating from San Francisco nearly 40 years ago, he has
represented 1000's of clients throughout the county by providing first class representation.
Although he has
tried in excess of 100 jury trials, he is known for negotiating great results in difficult situations for
those of his clients who are guilty. He has a great reputation with the
judges and prosecutors as an extremely competent litigator who is knowledgeable
about the law, giving him instant credibility regarding the negotiation
process. Since statistically less than 1 in 10 cases goes to trial, this
is a unique skill-set that may be used to your advantage.
Earlier in his career, Mr. Gomez worked with Defenders, Incorporated, the
predecessor to the Public Defender's Office in San Diego. It was originally
funded through a grant from the Ford Foundation "to provide quality
legal representation to the indigent accused of crime.” The organization
was legendary for the distinction with which its attorneys practiced law
and the professional reputation of preeminence of those attorneys. A large
percentage of its attorneys have gone on to become judges, and leaders
in the defense bar.
Mr. Gomez practices in all San Diego Courts including the rather unique
practice of Juvenile Law, that is representing minors under the age of
18 years accused of criminal conduct.
Mr. Gomez' qualifications include the following:
- He is rated "AV" Pre-eminent by the only national rating system
for lawyers by lawyers of Martindale-Hubble, putting him in the top 10%
of lawyers in the country
- San Diego Magazine ranks him among the "Top Lawyers" in San Diego County
- He has been rated as a "category 5" attorney by the North County
Courts qualifying him to handle every type of criminal up to and including
- He is a "Master" in the American Inns of Court- a professional
organization for lawyers and judges
- For 5 years, he has been the chairman of the Criminal Law Section of the
North County Bar Association
- He has been a frequent lecturer/presenter for the North County Bar Association
- He was profiled as an outstanding lawyer in the July 2010 edition of the
North County Lawyer Magazine.
Mr. Gomez lives in La Costa, California. He is married with two sons. Mr.
Gomez was born, raised and educated in San Francisco.